Physician Education Program (PEP)
The Legacy Donor Foundation has received a grant from the State of Louisiana though the Office of Motor Vehicles to study the attitudes of physicians and healthcare providers on organ donation.
The purpose of this educational activity is to encourage physicians, residents and medical students to expand their knowledge and understanding of organ donation and to improve physician-patient communication about organ donation.
This activity is designed to educate physicians on ways to initiate discussion regarding organ donation with their patients, particularly those patient populations who, in the past, have been less likely to be donors (i.e., African-Americans and Latinos). The physician-patient dialogue is an opportunity to dispel patient’s misconceptions and fears about organ and tissue donation and for physicians to determine the patient’s end-of-life wishes.
Jointly-sponsored by Legacy Donor Foundation and Tulane University Health Sciences Center, Center for Continuing Education
Release Date: April 5, 2013 ~ Expiration Date: April 4, 2016
- Ana Hands, MD – Planner and Author, Ochsner Health System
- Kirsten Heintz – Planner and Author, LOPA
- Nicole Labadot – Program Planner and Author, Legacy Donor Foundation
- Dr. Douglas Slakely – Tulane Faculty Liaison
- Jeanette Slakely – Program Planner and Author, Legacy Donor Foundation
*A comprehensive list of planning committee members, authors, and disclosures are given at the beginning of the presentation.
Medium and Method of Participation and Completion:
- Adobe Acrobat® Reader is required for viewing. A free, downloadable version may be found at www.adobe.com
- The course takes approximately 1 hour to complete. This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- At the conclusion of the course, there will be a link to the required post-assessment, evaluation, and a credit verification form. A minimum performance level of 70% on the post-assessment test is required prior to claiming credit. Certificates of credit or attendance will be emailed within 30 days of completion of the course.
Pre-course Self Assessment: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LegacyPEP_PreTest
We encourage you to take a brief (optional) pre-course self assessment prior to participating in the educational activity.
Course Access and Final Presentation: Physician Education Program Final Presentation.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the Post Assessment, Evaluation & Credit, please contact us at: CME@tulane.edu.
Additional sources regarding the content of this course: